We have apartments and houses (all within walking distance to campus) that are zoned to accommodate groups of 1 to 10.
The rent per person per month falls within the $300 to $450 range. The rent is determined by the size, location, condition and amenities.
The tenants are responsible for all utilities which include gas, electricity, water, sewer and garbage. You can request a 12 month average bill total for gas and electricity by calling Ameren at 309-672-5252.
Rent can be paid online using the COZY app. You can link your COZY account to your checking/savings account or your debit/credit card.
Rent payments can also be by check or postal money order made out to UNIVERSITY PROPERTIES and mailed to:
P.O. BOX 10136
PEORIA, IL 61612
We also have PayPal account under our email address - email@example.com
Most of our leases are start on June 1st and end on May 21st. We have a few leases that start on August 1st and run to the end of July. We will occasionally consider a 1 semester lease.
Our student tenants normally pay rent quarterly with a 3 month payment due on June, September, December, and March 1st.
We require a security deposit that is equal to 2 months' rent. The deposit can be paid in 1 lump sum at the lease signing or it can be broken into 2 payments with the 1st half paid at the lease signing and the 2nd half paid in 60 days. The deposit is not applied to any rent but is returned at the end of the lease.
Our apartments and houses are unfurnished but do include appliances (stove/oven, fridge, and free washer and dryer. Some also have dishwashers.
We employ a full-time maintenance crew to maintain our properties and grounds. They are available Monday through Friday 9 to 5 and after hours for emergencies. We use an answering service that is available 24/7.
We do not allow any pets in our student rental houses. In addition to the obvious reasons (house damage, smell, fleas and rodents that are attacted, etc.) they create a liability problem for us.
1. Submit a REQUEST VIEWING form (homepage under the forms tab) for the properties you want to tour.
2. Send us an email once you have selected a property. Be sure to include the names and emails of everyone in the group.
3. Review a copy of the lease that will be emailed to you.
4. Submit a STUDENT INFO SHEET on our website (homepage under the forms tab). Be sure to submit 1 for each person in the group.
5. Sign the lease online using the DocuSign app.
6. Pay at least the 1st half of the security deposit by cash, check, or PayPal during the lease signing process.